The Center for PAInT implements arts integration theories and best practices that are examined by university or school researchers to preserve, create, develop, or improve arts-integrated-teaching strategies. The goals of the Center for PAInT are to:
- Conduct basic and applied research on policies and practices related to arts integrated teaching.
- Partner with interested Florida College System (FCS) institutions and private educational institutions to conduct arts integrated educational research.
- Examine arts integrated teaching in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) educational courses.
The Center for PAInT implements activities that engage educators and teaching artists who inform, inspire, influence, and support arts integration policies and decisions in Florida’s Pre-K through 20 educational institutions. These activities are designed to:
- Inform policy and legislative bodies about successful arts integration practices in Florida.
- Influence legislation and policy related to arts integrated-teaching.
- Better inform educators, students, parents, families, agencies, and community stakeholders so they can make better choices and to empower them with language to promote arts-integrated-teaching.