Here are the steps to host your event at the USFSM campus:
1) Review the venues and rental rates on our website.
2) Contacts for Conference and Events
3) Complete and submit the Event Request Form.
4) When your event is approved, you will be invited to a more detailed meeting. This required meeting may include USFSM campus staff from facilities, communications, IT or other areas and is designed to ensure all details are discussed and properly planned.
5) Receive your Facilities License Agreement.
The Conference and Events Planner will email you a Facilities License Agreement, and any additional helpful information pertaining to your event.
6) Pay deposit and sign Facilities License Agreement.
A non-refundable deposit is due when the signed agreement is returned to secure the rental. Review the terms of your rental agreement carefully. If you are satisfied, sign and return one copy by mail, email, or fax. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, cashier’s check or business or personal check. The deposit amount is 10% of the total contract price. Unpaid or late deposits may result in an event cancellation. Both the signed agreement and the deposit must be returned within fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the event.
7) Submit proof of liability insurance prior to your event.
Information regarding amounts of required insurance is available in your Facilities License Agreement as well as in the Facilities Handbook for External Events.
8) Pay any final balance.
The final invoice will be calculated after your event, to reflect actual staff times, rooms, and equipment used. The balance is due five (5) days from the receipt of invoice.
- Facilities are available during normal University hours of operations only.
Monday- Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m with some limited exceptions.
- Review and approval of completed Event Request Forms are made on a weekly basis. You will be notified as soon as possible of your request’s final determination.
- The use of University space for outside fundraising is prohibited.
- The USFSM campus is a tobacco and smoke free campus. Pursuant to Policy 0-608 SM,
buildings, property and grounds where USFSM campus business is conducted are subject to this policy.
- The USFSM campus does not provide rental space for private events that do not support
mission (e.g. private parties, weddings, family gatherings, etc.).