Video Production Services
The USF Sarasota-Manatee campus Office of University Communications & Marketing can produce video messaging for a variety of audiences. Please use the UCM Project Request Form to submit video requests. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you think about your video request:
Great video messaging begins with strong planning. We can help you develop messaging concepts that will connect with your target audience by identifying in advance the objectives the project is designed to achieve.
We want to help you deliver high-quality, effective video messaging when you need it to support your event or initiative. The longer and more elaborate the nature of the video you’re requesting, the more time our team will need for shooting, editing, production and approvals. Please allow at least two weeks’ lead time for video projects. Our staff will reach out to you after receiving your completed project request to discuss timeframes for more complex messaging.
Please remember to build into your request time for necessary approvals. The more approvals needed the more edits will likely be needed, which factors into production time and completion.
- Storytelling promotions: These videos explain the role, function and goals of an organization or department. Typical length: 1-3 minutes. View Example
- Event promotion: Used to promote upcoming events, often a mix of B-roll from past events with a fresh, brief interview. 30 seconds-1 minute. View Example
- Event recap: Include highlights from the event and often interviews with participants and event organizers. 1-3 minutes. View Example
- Narrative video: Scripted pieces requiring much more preparation and lead time, and extensive planning. 1-15 minutes. View Example
- Social media videos: Short videos designed to convey one idea and elicit a specific action. 5-30 seconds. View Example
- Feature video: Tells the story of a USF Sarasota Manatee campus personality or event, but isn’t tied to a specific event or promotion. 30 seconds-5 minutes. View Example
For select projects, the UCM video team uses Videvo stock footage from Videvo.net.