The USF Sarasota-Manatee campus Office of University Communications & Marketing will gladly work with you to promote events and other messaging through our official USF Sarasota-Manatee campus social media channels: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Flickr and LinkedIn. We will happy to discuss strategies for promoting your social media posts to reach your target audience. Please use the UCM Project Request Form to submit Social Media marketing requests.
Social media platforms
- Facebook: Facebook allows people from around the world to network with friends, companies, and organizations. Users can post updates, ask questions, play games, and share videos, photos, and links.
- Twitter: A micro-blogging site that allows users to post brief updates, share links, videos and photos while tagging their posts with searchable keywords.
- Instagram: A photo sharing site that enables users to share and edit images with others.
- YouTube: The world’s largest video sharing site, YouTube users can share videos, upload videos to their personal channel, subscribe to other channels, comment on videos and more.
- LinkedIn: The most popular professional networking site, LinkedIn offers opportunities to promote research, share news and spotlight job promotions and awards.
Indoor and outdoor monitors
UCM can help promote your event by featuring it on the television screens located throughout campus and along Tamiami Trail. Please refer to the following guidelines for video screen content, and please submit all requests using the UCM Project Request form.
- Please be sure to include the date, time and a description of the event on the Project Request form.
- Please make your request at least two days before you would like to have your event begin appearing on the screens to allow for preparation of content.
- You may submit visual content using the Project Request Form in the following formats: PDF, JPEG and PNG. Text should be submitted as a Microsoft Word document.
- Our standard promotion timeframe is to begin featuring your event on the television screens one week before the date of the event. Please indicate on the Project Request Form if you would like an alternative timeframe.
- As a guide, the screens along Tamiami Trail are more suited for public-facing promotional content. Please consider who you would like to reach with your messaging when making your request.