In accordance with USF policies announced on March 11th, 2020, and in order to protect the health of students, faculty, staff, and the wider community, the USF Sarasota-Manatee campus Student Showcase for Projects, Research, and Innovation will not be held this year.
We sincerely wish to thank the students who applied to present, as well as the faculty and staff members who assist in making this celebration of student research a success every year.
For more information on the USF response to the coronavirus, please see this page: https://www.usf.edu/coronavirus/
The USF Summer Grant Writing Workshops walks participants through the proposal development process; beginning with identifying the right grant opportunity, and progressing to Mock Peer Review. New this year, grant strategies to rapidly respond to funding opportunities with short turnaround times.
Registration is free. Registered participants will receive an email confirmation, followed by Calendar invite with the TEAMS link for the workshops.
The USF Summer Grant Writing Workshops participants will:
- Receive the Monday Message with relevant RFPs and presentation
- Participate in a forward moving trajectory of grant writing workshops
- Access templates and sample proposals in the Research Tool Kit
- Invited to participate in virtual Grant Writing Labs
2020 Summer Grant Writing Workshop Series Schedule.
To accommodate teaching schedules, workshops are provided twice each week. The content will be the same on Mondays/Tuesdays.
Monday mornings – 10 a.m. – Noon
Tuesday afternoons – 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
|June 8-9, 2020||Funding Strategy and Sponsors|
|June 15-16||eRA and Research Systems|
|June 22-23||Research Compliance|
|June 29-30||Research Methods, Tools & Tactics|
|July 6-7||Collaboration, Communication & Planning|
|July 13-14||Proposal Assembly & Submission Process|
|July 20-21||Mock Peer Review|
|July 27-28||Peer Review Feedback|
Feedback from last year’s participants:
- Great presentations! Lots of humor and clarity. The information is comprehensive and very helpful.
- It is always important for faculty to both learn and refresh their knowledge about grants, as the information changes.
- I've learned a lot about grant writing … the workshops kept me motivated to stay on top of grant writing this summer.
- Because of these workshops, I feel motivated and more confident about seeking external grants.
- The presentations were very thorough and concise. The information in presentations was very well prepared/organized, and delivery was also engaging and understandable.
For more information, please email Research@sar.usf.edu